Hello readers!💗
I'm super honored to present you my Silver Sweet's ARC review. I was already in love with Krista and Becca's world before the start of this new series, but since I read Burn Bright I was craving another episode of the Cobalt Empire with all my heart. So, I want to thank Valentine PR to for the digital ARC in exchange of an honest review.
Are you ready to come back to the Cobalt Empire with me?
Publisher: Bloom Books
Pages: 672 pages
Price: €18,05
Synopsis: Phoenix is a hot drummer with a bad attitude. Tom is a punk-rock singer who's too hard to impress.Two problem children of their bands have one shot at making it big in this M/M rockstar romance―if they don't burn it all down.
Tom Cobalt has been called a lot of
things. Arrogant god. Overachiever. Demanding, uncooperative jerk. It
comes with the territory of being the fifth-born of a storied family.
Not even his own punk-rock band can meet his high standards. So when
every member of The Carraways quits on him before finishing an album,
he's left with a bruised ego and a major dilemma.
Reviving
his childhood dream comes down to one infuriating choice: pair up with a
hard-edged drummer or be dropped by his music label permanently.
Phoenix
St. Pierre has enough baggage to ground every plane in New York City.
He's volatile, sleep-deprived, and still carrying the fallout of
imploding his own band. He should not be paired with Tom, the stuck-up
trust-fund baby who pushes all his buttons―yet the second chance is
impossible to walk away from.
Making music means too
much to Phoenix and Tom to let this last shot slip through their
fingers. But working together feels like a Shakespearean disaster ready
to unfold. Especially when off-the-charts chemistry, undeniable
attraction, and destructive habits threaten to make or break them.
It's nothing personal―but they just might be the best and worst thing that ever happened to each other.
Review:
Rate: 5 stars⭐
There are countless amazing stories out there, but let's be honest: only a few earn a permanent place in your heart and stay there. The first book I read by Krista and Becca, Addicted to You, was a gift from a friend who was afraid I wouldn't understand those characters. Even so, she gifted it to me, hoping I would. That was the beginning of my Ritchie era.
Having Tom and Phoenix as the main characters was refreshing without feeling unfamiliar. I immediately connected with them and saw the world through the eyes of these two young men, hurt in different ways in the past, but strong in their passion for music. Their stubbornness, their commitment were a great source of inspiration, reminding me of my love for writing.
Honestly, I didn't expect to fall for Phoenix so quickly, and the same goes for him and Tom as a couple. From their very first meeting, I craved every interaction between them, and having to stop reading at some point (because, life 🫠) became more and more painful. Every chapter left me wanting more, eager to see what would happen next, and I'm still in disbelief it's more than 600 pages long (it was such a smooth read I didn't realize its lenght)!
I loved how their relationship develops throughout the novel, built on trust, affection, and healthy communication. They didn't know everything about each other right away or understand each other immediately. They clashed, they argued, they challenged one another, and through all of it, they grew together. That's the beauty of this romance. You can see attraction transform into respect and admiration, becoming affection and care. So, if I have to sum up Silver Sweet, I'd say that this book is fireworks and passion, but also acceptance, compromise, and a love story so sweet that I couldn't stop reading. That's why "Krista and Becca, please write at least one more novel for each brother" is officially going on my Secret Santa wishlist!
And then there's the Cobalt family.
The Cobalt Empire wouldn't be the same without any one of them. The support and understanding they have for one another are beautiful and feel so natural that you never get the impression it's just fiction. You can feel it in Charlie and Beckett's silences and wordless conversations, in Elliot's unwavering presence, in Jane's tenderness, in Ben's warm, love-filled smiles, and in Audrey's boldness. They're a unique blend of voices, perspectives, and personalities, none of them alike but fitting together perfectly in a way that could only work within this family.
Even though the focus shifted to new main characters, Silver Sweet still gives us enough glimpses to follow, from the sidelines, what's happening with Harriet and Ben. As a huge Ben fan, I would have loved to see even more of him, but I'm also aware that Krista and Becca couldn't exactly write a 10,000-page long novel 🤣, so I'm more than happy with what we got.
And Luna?! I still don't know her very well beyond what I read in Some Kind of Perfect, but I loved every single one of her scenes! I definitely need to catch up on the Like Us series too.
I don't know how they did it, but even though I couldn't literally hear anything while reading, I was pretty sure I was listening to Tom and Phoenix's songs and lyrics. It was like I could feel the passion, the pain, and the fear behind every note... and now all I want is a Carraways album ðŸ˜. I need to hear Tom's voice, his guitar, and Phoenix's relentless drumbeats.
It has been a long, sweet, introspective journey, and I loved every second of it. That's why I finished this book with my heart completely full, but also sad that it was already over. At least until Loathed Love comes out, of course. This novel plants the seeds for the next book and beyond, and I honestly can't wait to see where this story goes next. 🩷
Would you read it? For me, it was a full 5 ⭐.
Will you read it?
I hope I've piqued your curiosity and convinced you to give this book a chance. Let me know if you did!
To the next review!
Chiara



0 comments:
Post a Comment